Sunday 21 June 2015

Time is Round...

“Time is round, and it rolls quickly.” – Nikos Kazantzakis

So it’s been a minute or two since I’ve dropped a few words in this blog.  No, I wasn’t carried away to the cooler in shackles, nor was I whisked away to some unknown land, never to be heard from again. 

I’ve actually been quite occupied with developing myself professionally over the past few years.  I received a prestigious Chevening Scholarship and spent a year in London attaining a MA in Architecture, with a specialized focus on Cultural Identity & Globalization.  It was an awesome experience!  The programme opened my mind to new thought processes in the field, and I had a great time meeting new comrades from around the world.  

I must say though, this time around living in the UK was a great contrast to my previous three years living there about ten years ago.  Advanced technology, personal independence, and a bit more wisdom attributed to an awe-inspiring experience this time around.  I was able to visit Stone Henge in Wiltshire, tour historic London, go to a beach in Brighton (albeit, stony and in 13 degree temperature), meet a few country leaders, interact with Montserratian groups in the diaspora, frolic around Bath and Cardiff, take trips to both Germany and Belgium, and witness artwork and structures from some of the most talented and influential artists and architects in history.

When I returned home, I was then fortunate enough to be placed in a management position as the chief architect for the Government of Montserrat.   Not a bad gig, eh? 


Since then, I’ve been traveling and working on keeping afloat with projects, while in the background plotting the best route to take over the world.

Photo 1 - Taken at Stone Hendge in Wiltshire, UK
Photo 2 - Waterlilies by Claude Monet, taken at the National Museum of Wales in Cardiff, Wales
Photo 3 - Brandenberg Gate, taken in Berlin, Germany
Photo 4 - Taken at the Musee Magritte (Magritte Museum) in Brussels, Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment